Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas, Mommy



My Little Hand...

Come with me mommy,
I just want to show you one thing.
From balls to books to dolls,
to the doorbell I can't yet ring.

Will you lift me up,
to show me the photos of our family?
I love to give them all kisses,
from aunties to cousins and even Stanley.



Now let's go see my bedroom,
with the animals and flowers and all.
I will show you each bird and butterfly,
and even the little mouse I spy on the wall.

To the bathroom I think would be fun,
to see what is in each and every drawer.
I like to go through each one,
as I did the day before.



To the bedroom of Mommy and Daddy,
to pick out a necklace I think.
Would you please help me choose one,
to go with my pajamas of pink?

I think we are now ready,
to see what outside has in store.
May we please go for a walk,
so I can learn even more?



Out the front door,
and down our only step.
Will we play in the swing when we return?
You know the answer is... umm, yep.

I can open the gate all by myself,
just you watch and see.
I am growing very quickly,
I am becoming a bigger me.



With a few stops to make,
down the sidewalk we will go.
There will be a few dandelions,
that I must pick and blow.

We will walk and walk and walk,
forwards and even backwards is neat.
My little legs get so tired,
sometimes I need to take a seat.



I will look up in the sky,
to find my friend the moon.
Some evenings it is there,
other times it is just too soon.

On some special days there is a treat,
of which I am a big fan.
Along comes a great big ol' trash truck,
with a green arm that grabs our trashcan.



Maybe I will see a motorcycle,
and wait to hear you say vroom, vroom.
Or maybe it is a car playing loud music,
the kind that goes boom, boom.

It is always fun to spy a kopka,
I really like them- mmmuh, mmmuh.
Or perhaps we will see some crows.
Mommy, they are singing to us- cah, cah.



I could go on and on,
about all the neat stuff we see.
But, what I really want to tell you,
is I'm happiest when you are with me.

So, it may seem insignificant,
that finger of yours I once needed to even stand.
But, since I very first met Daddy and you, I've shown you my love...
By holding onto it tightly with my little hand.



Merry Christmas, Mommy. I sure do love you.

Love, Avery

3 comments: