Wednesday, August 8, 2012

a birthday celebration: setting the scene.

So, for those of you who know me, you know that I love to decorate. I admit it; I got a little carried away for Avery's Snow White themed birthday party, but it was so fun.  Here are some little tidbits that were around.
apple lanterns hanging from the patio cover

Excuse the terrible lighting- cardboard cutout of the seven dwarfs

Can't leave the bathroom out. I put flicker lights at the bottom of the cauldron and added glass Christmas ornaments on top to look like bubbles. It's normally a Halloween decoration, but I thought it'd work perfectly for our Snow White theme.

a shelf above the food table

spray painted doilie garland in the color scheme of Snow White's dress

It wouldn't be a Snow White party without a magic mirror and glittered red apples.

Outside on the kitchen ledge, I added a sword and shield and another reminder that my baby is 3!

The dessert area's theme was the mine where the seven dwarfs worked. Here are some "jello gems."

the party favor display

Inside the burlap favor sacks was a ring pop and a bird shaped water whistle.

cupcakes

colored foil wrapped oreos

M & Ms / Bashful's tumbled gemstones

The food table took on the rustic, enchanted forest theme complete with royal pizzas, Grumpy's grapes and ...


Drinks were served as Sneezy's sweet lemonade and wishing well water.
the birthday girl


It was definitely the funnest party to plan so far......

No comments:

Post a Comment